Re: OHCI-PCI: Thin client does not shutdown properly

Am 16.05.2017 um 16:20 schrieb Alan Stern:

> You've got a BIOS developer in the same building?  That's a great
> resource!  Maybe together you can find out what condition is causing
> the BIOS to initiate a reboot.

We got everything here. We got hardware developers for our mainboards
and systems, BIOS developers, QA engineeers, product management and a
factory to build servers and PCs. The only site in Europe that is still
developing and producing PCs and servers.

> For example, exactly what does "Power-On via USB" in the BIOS do?

BIOS is waiting for a "resume" in that case. If a resume on USB is
there, machine starts. We have special keyboards with a power on button
and the trick is that this button issues a "resume" even if the keyboard
itself is not programmed to send resumes.

--
Dipl.-Inf. (FH) Rainer Koenig
Project Manager Linux Clients

Fujitsu Technology Solutions
Bürgermeister-Ullrich-Str. 100
86199 Augsburg
Germany

Telephone: +49-821-804-3321
Telefax:   +49-821-804-2131
Mail:      mailto:Rainer.Koenig@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Internet         ts.fujtsu.com
Company Details  ts.fujitsu.com/imprint.html