Re: usblp and 067b:2305 PL2305 Parallel Port

On Wed, 25 Feb 2009 19:33:45 +0100, Willi Mann <foss-ml@xxxxxx> wrote:

> "does not work": For the Laserjet I've successfully printed hello by
> echo -e "hello\f" > /dev/usb/lp0. However, any attempt to print with cups
> causes the Laserjet to show "22 IO-Error" on its display. The device in
> cups is set to parallel:/dev/usb/lp0.

You have to use usb: URI, I think. If you do parallel:, CUPS will
issue ioctls that usblp cannot support (actually hardware does
not support).

It is also possible that the flow control is somehow broken
in the adapter, so short strings print out, but not long sequences.
You can verify that by printing longer files with unix2dos|cat.

-- Pete