Killing process causing USB bulk transfer transaction loss?

Hello

I have an issue where the first 512-byte high speed bulk transfer
between a custom peripheral and a Linux host is sometimes lost.

I have the bus attached to a Beagle 480 and I can see the transaction
happening over the bus (IN, DATA, ACK) at the right time but the data
does not show up into userspace buffers. ie. it would seem the data is
getting lost somewhere between the host hardware and user space.

I've seen on both Ubuntu with 4.4.0 x64 as well as on various Android
ARM platforms (ie commercial Android phones/tablets).

There are two independently written user space programs that both
exhibit this behaviour:
* Linux PC based application written using libusb.
* Android application written in NDK using ioctls.

In both cases everything works fine (eg. long term streaming for
hours, orderly start/stopping) except when the process is killed
(swipe app right in Android) or Control C in Ubuntu.

If the application is killed then the first 512-byte transfer in the

In our application we're stuffing approx 8 or 9 MBytes of data a
second through the high speed USB link (ie. around 1/7) of the full
bandwidth. The problem occurs approximately 1/7th of the time.

This leads me to suspect that around 1/7th of the time the process is
being killed during the middle of a transfer and this results in the
host controller being left in a weird state causing the first packet
to be lost.

Any hints on where to look for this or how to debug further would be
much appreciated.

Thanks

Charles