Re: usb: gadget: uvc: configfs: fails to enumerate in HOST

On Wed, Mar 08, 2017 at 11:24:16PM +0530, Ganesh Biradar wrote:
> Hi Bin,
>
> Just wanted to clarify,
>
> I have created already a thread(more then 2 weeks ago) which was
> based on dual configuration support(mass storage and uvc
> device(g_webcam)). in which i asked question based on 3.14 kernel
> but confgifs support for uvc was added in 4.0 kernel. so i updated
> to latest 4.4 kernel. regarding configfs support i have asked last
> week, as today i got response from e2e expert that they have not

Okay, I am not familiar with the SoC you use and don't know which TI
business unit supports this device.

> tested uvc for the sdk. It was TI e2e guys suggested to raise
> question on configfs in linux community.

The linux community can only support you if you can reproduce the issue
with the latest mainline kernel.

> Regarding the post you mention that i have created is second thread
> in TI e2e linux community dedicated to configfs. first thread is in
> dedicated TI SOC forum.

Okay I only noticed your e2e post on TI linux community which I
subscribed, not the one on the SoC forum.

> Regarding TI E2E, they provided good help i never deny that. but i
> was looking for some insightful from linux-usb community members
> just to reason out what could be the issue.
>
> regarding uvc-gadget application, i have run that too but i have not
> got anything at HOST side.

If you proved other gadget works, likely you don't have any hardware
problems, this could be software issue. But I cannot comment much since
I am not familiar with this SoC and the SDK/kernel you use, here are
some of my pointers.

- Try with g_webcam.ko driver instead configfs to see it makes any
  difference, I personally haven't tried configfs for webcam gadget yet;
- Use scope to probe the DP/DM for the pullup to ensure the device
  notifies for the attach;
- Finally debug the dwc3 gadget driver to see where the enumeration
  failed.

Good luck,
-Bin.