Re: Question: Does usbip support USB 3.0?

On 02/23/2017 08:51 AM, Greg KH wrote:
A: Because it messes up the order in which people normally read text.
Q: Why is top-posting such a bad thing?
A: Top-posting.

A: No.

http://daringfireball.net/2007/07/on_top

On Thu, Feb 23, 2017 at 07:43:23AM +0000, Du, Yuyang wrote:
Oh, then let me try to simplify it, what if it's an only USB 3.0 device?

I have a USB keyboard around here somewhere that is a "USB 3.0" device,
that is running at the USB "low speed" rate. :)

Again, USB 3.0 supports all speed devices, see the spec for all of the
details.

Just to add what Greg said:

vhci (virtual host controller for usbip) itself is high speed and does not support stuff like streams etc. which are included in USB 3.0 spec so you won't be able to connect USB device in super speed mode via usbip.

So if your device supports high speed mode it will work fine. If your device doesn't work with speed lower than super speed then you won't be able to use it via usbip.

Best regards,
--
Krzysztof Opasiak
Samsung R&D Institute Poland