Reverse Engineering a USB device

Greetings

I have in my greedy little hands a USB based system locking device
called a XyLoc (from a company called Ensure Technology - they
supposedly have a partnership with Novell if that helps at all -
http://www.ensuretech.com/mirror/company/partnering/solutionpartners.html).
They (of course) do not provide any Linux support and I would like to
change that by reverse engineering the USB protocol of the device and
writing a driver for it.  Yes, I know - a lot of work.  I've done
similar things before (though with Ethernet and not USB).

Are you aware of any resources or guides for reverse engineering a USB
protocol?  I have a Windows machine and will be utilizing USB-Snoopy to
capture the wire communications.  I've done this in the past for this
device and ran into multiple road blocks including a supposedly
windows-only packet type that this device appeared (at the time) to rely
on extensively.

Thank you for your time

Ron Gage
Westland, MI