Pinnacle PCTV remote control and other USB IR remote control.

Hi.

I'm a newcommer on this list. I was developper a lonnnnnng time ago, so
programming should not be a problem for me as far as I can find relevant docs
and some advices :-)

There seems to be a lack of USB remote control usable with Linux, and I don't
want to use home made LIRC adapters.

That is why I bought either a iMON Mini and an Pinnacle PCTV remote control for
experiment, two IR remote control widely available for micro$oft OS.

First one (iMON Mini) is recognized as HID by regular driver when hotplug but
makes it crash when all keys except 3 are depressed on the remote control. After
several dozen of tries, usbmon showed that weird usb packets where send for keys
that crashed the USB stack. I gave up, beeing unable to know why with so little
evidences of this phenomenon.

Second one, the Pinnacle PCTV is sold "for Vista only" and, as expected, is not
at all recognized. It appears in lsusb as device with type given by driver,
showing an INPUT and an OUTPUT sub-device, because it can also emit IR to remote
control regular consummer devices (VCR, DVD, TV, toaster, etc, etc).

Not beeing recognized by any driver, it does not appears in
/proc/bus/usb/devices, beeing impossible to snoop with usbmon.

My question is: How could I tweak the hotplug/HID system to force it to take in
account this device, even if it doesn't announces itself as a regular human
interface device ?

When it's done, I hope I'll be able to add a quirk for this IR remote control.

Regards,
Chris.
(France).