Re: [patch 00/12] musb mess

On Friday 20 February 2009, Felipe Balbi wrote:
> On Fri, Feb 20, 2009 at 02:04:41PM -0800, David Brownell wrote:
> > Which means that unlike most low level USB drivers, it's got
> > folk from several teams working concurrently:  one from Analog,
> > two or three from TI, one from MontaVista, a couple from Nokia.
>
> There was one guy from STmicro as well, I think his name is Giuseppe
> (hope I spelled it right), there's actually a patch from him fixing
> ep_config_from_hw(). That should probably be queued for -rc.

ISTR that needed to be reissued against mainline; the patch I
saw was against some older code,a.  (And didn't he have some other
bugfix too?)

Yeah, you're right.  More than just those folk.  Some PPC chips
seem to be using the same silicon IP, but I don't recall seeing
patches from them.

> Anyways, hopefully he'll send us the platform glue for STmicro as well
> ;-)

Since the ST support isn't yet available, that's an argument
against merging his patch in the now-shrinking RC window.
As he noted, nobody else's silicon is using that mode.

- Dave