Re: unable to handle EVENT RING FULL error in xhci

On Fri, Jan 20, 2017 at 07:59:48AM +0000, Anurag Kumar Vulisha wrote:
> Hi,

Hi!

Minor nit, vger.kernel.org rejects html emails, so this didn't make it
through to that list.  Now it should with my response :)

> I have a usecase where I want to stream a stereo video from the ZED Stereo
> Camera  (www.stereolabs.com) by connecting it  to our ZynqMP SOC based platform
> using the USB 3.0 interface. This camera keeps on streaming 48k chunks of BULK
> data to the HOST. Initially the data is received correctly, but after some time
> I noticed frame corruption on the BULK packets received by HOST controller. On
> debugging I found that HOST event ring is full and it issues “EVENT RING FULL
> ERROR” and this error seems to be not handled in XHCI. I am using linux 4.6
> kernel for testing . Please help me in by giving any suggestions on how to
> handle this issue? Currently I increased the TRB_PER_SEGMENT from 256 to 512
> but the issue seems to delayed and gets reproduced after some more time.
>
> To increase the TRB_PER_SEGMENT from 256 to 512 I made the below changes
>
>         xhci->segment_pool = dma_pool_create("xHCI ring segments", dev,
> TRB_SEGMENT_SIZE, TRB_SEGMENT_SIZE, xhci->page_size * 4);
>
> Is this the correct way ? or I am doing wrong.
>
> It would be very helpful if you can help me in solving this issue

4.6 is very old and obsolete and behind in a lot of xhci fixes.  Can you
test 4.9.4 or even better yet, Linus's 4.10-rc4 tree to see if the issue
is still there?

thanks,

greg k-h