Re: JMS56x not working reliably with uas driver

On Tue, 27 Dec 2016, Oliver Neukum wrote:

> On Thu, 2016-12-22 at 17:44 -0500, Alan Stern wrote:
> > I don't see how this patch fixes anything.  Unless I'm mistaken, it
> > just avoids the problem by preventing the system from issuing the
> > command that provokes the error, rather than really fixing the
> > underlying error.
>
> Please clarify. If a reset leads to a disconnect, isn't that
> exactly what we want?

I didn't express myself clearly enough.  Yes, if a reset leads to a
disconnect then avoiding the reset will avoid problems.

But the _real_ error here is that xhci-hcd says "ERROR Transfer event
for disabled endpoint or incorrect stream ring" when the disconnect
occurs during reset.  That shouldn't happen, no matter what quirks the
device has.  It indicates a bug either in uas or in xhci-hcd.

Alan Stern