Re: DWC3 + g_ether: crash when qmult is increased

Hi,

Felipe Balbi <felipe.balbi@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> writes:
> Hi,
>
> Jean-Jacques Hiblot <jjhiblot@xxxxxx> writes:
>> Hi Felipe,
>>
>> While trying out the v4.9 kernel on a DRA7x, I stumbled upon this
>> crash. I haven't tried to bisect yet and probably won't be do it
>> before next year.
>>
>> This crash doesn't occur with a 4.4 kernel. I suspect it has to do
>> with the changes in the TRB preparation and interrupt handling.
>>
>> I don't see the issue if qmult isn't increased. I suspect it's still
>> there, just harder to reproduce.
>
> can't help you without tracepoints:
>
> # mkdir -p /t
> # mount -t tracefs none /t
> # cd /t
> # echo 81920 > buffer_size_kb
> # echo 1 > events/dwc3/enable
>
> (reproduce)
>
> # cp trace ~/trace.txt
>
> send me trace.txt, you probably need to compress it.

nevermind, found it. I just pushed a branch called
dwc3-fix-v4.9-NULL-pointer-deref to my k.org tree. Tested here and I can
still see my 850 MBits/sec with MTU 1500. When setting MTU to 10000,
then I got 1.15 Gbit/sec on iperf.

Let me know your results. I'll send patches out after Xmas.

--
balbi