Re: Bugs in MUSB driver

On Sun, Feb 08, 2009 at 04:04:01PM +0100, ext Giuseppe GORGOGLIONE wrote:
> Hello Felipe,
> I catched a couple of bugs in MUSB driver which prevented it to work properly
> for Inventra devices setup with static FIFOs and to take EP configuration from
> HW (not from table).
>
> Both bugs are in musb_core.c. The first one is related to a hw_ep->regs variable
> which is used uninitialized to write in memory, causing a spectacular crash.
>
> The second one is more subtle and is related to is_shared_fifo flag which is not enforced
> as true for endpoint 0 when EP configuration is taken from HW. This was causing
> ep0_txstate() to print "odd;..." message and return without sending data in FIFO.
>
> Patch in attachment.

Looks good, but please send two separate patches as you're solving two
separate issues. Also, please read Documentation/SubmittingPatches and
follow those rules.

We need the patch to come in a proper format with proper subject, patch
description/body and a Signed-off-by line.

Last, please comment on which platform you tested the patch.

thanks a lot

--
balbi