Linux FTDI driver modifications

Hello all,

I am the developer of the ShipModul (CustomWare) MiniPlex products where we use FTDI chips for USB communications. I see that even the latest PID we use (FD4B) is already in the ftdi_sio.c driver and I'm glad to see the Linux community picks this up to fast.

There is one thing however that I'd like to see added to the driver and that is fixed baud rates for our products. Since PID FD49 (the second PID we assigned) we use fixed baudrates, so the user of our products doesn't have to set the right baud rate in his application.

When browsing through the source code I found here (http://lxr.free-electrons.com/source/drivers/usb/serial/ftdi_sio.c), I found function

static __u32 get_ftdi_divisor(struct tty_struct *tty, struct usb_serial_port *port)

where the devisor for a specific baud rate is set.

In the case at line 1323, where the FT232BM and similar chips are handled, I see an if statement which obviously checks a few PID's to set a fixed baud rate.

So it appears that it would be fairly easy to add a few other exceptions for our PID's. Am I correct?

If so, the following code would do the trick for us:

switch (product_id)
{
  case FTDI_CUSTOMWARE_MINIPLEX2_PID: baud = 57600; break;
  case FTDI_CUSTOMWARE_MINIPLEX2WI_PID: baud = 115200; break;
  case FTDI_CUSTOMWARE_MINIPLEX3_PID: baud = 460800; break;
}

Now, I'm not familiar with the process of getting something added to a Linux driver so that's why I call for your help. Can you do this for me or can you point me into the right direction to get this included?

Best regards,
Meindert
CustomWare/ShipModul