It is possible to use CDC composite device on Atmel AT91SAM9260?

I am investigating if it is possible to use the CDC composite gadget
driver available in linux 2.6.27 together with an Atmel AT91SAM9260.

As I understand it needs a USB host port with at least 6 endpoints.
When I read the datasheet for the processor it states that it haves
six endpoints in its usb device port, 2 control/bulk/interrupt and  4
bulk/iso/interrupt. When I read about the at91 udc driver
USB_GADGET_AT91 in kernel configuration it states "Many Atmel AT91
processors (such as the AT91RM2000) have a full speed USB Device Port
with support for five configurable endpoints (plus endpoint zero)."

I have tried to load the USB composite driver and it fails with error
-19 ENODEV when it tries to allocates endpoints.

So I wonder about the endpoint zero, can it be used in a gadget
driver? Or is it reserved for another purposes?

/Johan