Re: Regarding ti_usb_3410_5052 driver

Hi Greg,
Thanks for your help.

On Thu, Feb 5, 2009 at 9:47 PM, Greg KH <greg@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> On Thu, Feb 05, 2009 at 08:42:55PM +0530, Shivdas Gujare wrote:
>> Hi Oliver/Chris,
>>
>> I am currently working with ti_usb_3410_5052 driver for TI's
>> eZ430-RF2480 device, which use's TUSB3410.
>> Adding only  USB_DEVICE(0x0451, 0xF432) in both
>> structures(ti_id_table_3410 and ti_id_table_combined) doesn't
>> solves my problem and device doesn't creates any /dev/ttyUSB0.
>> This is because driver tries to download firmware, but it didn't
>> succeeds and probe returns with error.
>> It could be possible, TI uses some different firmware for eZ430-RF2480
>> than current in kernel firmware, which works with older tools having
>> PID=0xF430.
>>
>> So, I am trying to understand this driver, but yet I didn't found any
>> document which describes details about commands mentioned in
>> ti_usb_3410_5052.h
>> like
>> /* Commands */
>> #define TI_GET_VERSION                  0x01
>> #define TI_GET_PORT_STATUS          0x02
>>
>> Could you please, point me if you know any such document which details
>> about commands used in this driver?
>
> There is no known public document that describes this information,
> sorry.
>
> Have you contacted TI about this device?  That would be the best thing
> to do to start with.

   Yes, through TI community but TI officially doesn't support this
device with linux.  only windows XP :(
   People reported, This driver works fine with device's with PID
0xF430(I don't have such device) which supports
   two different configurations with independent interface HID and serial each.
  But, eZ430-RF2480 enumerates as single configuration with two
interface's HID and serial with PID 0xF432.

  So, I am confused regarding firmware about this device.

> thanks,
>
> greg k-h

Thanks and Regards,
Shivdas Gujare