Re: link state problem with dwc3 in supper-speed device mode

On Tue, Oct 25, 2016 at 04:44:13PM +0300, Felipe Balbi wrote:

[snip]

> > Just reviewed this patch, it seems to be the regression. But SS should
> > not generate ID pin event either, right? SS uses far-end termination, it
> > does not have ID pin as USB2.0. I will try to revert this patch to find
> > out...
>
> it's not about speed :-) ID pin is used nevertheless to choose role, but

Yeah, you are right. I messed it up with type-C, somehow thought ID pin
is not required for SS :-(

> some TI boards didn't provide any methods for VBUS sampling, so ID pin
> was used to tell DWC3 if it should be host/device AND if VBUS_VALID or
> not.
>
> Note that we end up lying to the controller because we could set
> VBUS_VALID before VBUS really is valid, but it's better than never
> seeing a connection at all ;-)

Make more sense now :-) I will play with the patch mentioned, and ensure
any future boards have vbus sampling so we can decouple it with ID pin
events in the UTMI mailbox.

Still need to figure out why highspeed is not affected...

Thanks,
-Bin.