USB gadget problem with close of a gadgetfs device

Hello,

I'm working on an embedded system with a PHYTEC IMX31 board and run a patched kernel based on 2.6.22.6.

I use the OTG USB interface to connect as client.
This works fine using usb.c and the gadgetfs which is loaded as module above the arcotg_udc driver

During operation I need to disconnect from the host and connect again afterwards.
I try to do the disconnect by closing all file descriptors associated with the connection (ep_in, ep_out and ep0) and the close is always successful.
In most cases this works fine.
Sometimes, however, I can not reopen the ep0 file descriptor /dev/gadgetfs/arc_udc again.
Instead of opening the device I get a -EBUSY.

So I added some printk output to the inode.c and arcotg_udc.c and recompiled the modules to see what happens.
It seems that in the error case the release function is not called even through the file descriptors for ep0, ep_in and ep_out where closed.

Do you have any suggestions what goes wrong?