Re: USB will randomly stop working

A: Because it messes up the order in which people normally read text.
Q: Why is top-posting such a bad thing?
A: Top-posting.

A: No.

http://daringfireball.net/2007/07/on_top

On Mon, Oct 03, 2016 at 01:48:55PM -0700, Ashton Holmes wrote:
> Coming from the kernel? No there's no kernel lines right before that
> that have to do with USB. The kernel line before that is: Oct  2
> 22:21:45 user-desktop kernel: [   38.122133] Bluetooth: BNEP socket
> layer initialized. And that's quite a ways up in the file.

Are you sure?  Any other messages might help out here.

> Also my knowledge of git isn't that extensive and I got the source
> from the download on the site not from the git repo so it tells me
> there's no .git file but if I can figure out how to run that I'll give
> it a go.

You can pull Linus's tree from git.kernel.org by doing:
	git clone git://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/torvalds/linux.git

and using your .config in that tree.

There is lots of documentation of how to use 'git bisect' but if you
have any questions, please let us know.

thanks,

greg k-h