Re: [Umap2][7/11][160a:3184] NULL pointer dereference

On Thu, 2016-09-22 at 10:50 +0300, Binyamin Sharet wrote:
> On Thu, Sep 22, 2016 at 10:35 AM, Oliver Neukum <oneukum@xxxxxxxx> wrote:
> > On Thu, 2016-09-22 at 09:53 +0300, Binyamin Sharet wrote:
> >> On Wed, Sep 21, 2016 at 11:09 PM, Malcolm Priestley <tvboxspy@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> >> >
> >> Malcolm, just to make it clear, this bug was not found with an
> >> actual device, but with emulation.
> >
> > It was quite peculiar a bug, though. Could you prepare a test kernel
> > without BPF?
> >
> >         Regards
> >                 Oliver
> >

> Oliver,
>
> If this question was directed to me, I will need some clarification
> of what is needed (and also - what's BPF?)

BPF = Berkeley Packet Filter (a mechanism to filter packets going over a
socket)

The oops you reproduced was in the BPF. That is rather generic code
without connection to the driver in question. That raises the question
whether you've accidentally triggered a generic bug.
To rule that out a rerun on a kernel compiled without CONFIG_BPF would
be useful. Or you could build an initrd with the BPF modules
blacklisted, so we are sure the test system does not use BPF.

	Regards
		Oliver