Re: XHCI: USB 2.0 device unresponsive on 3.0 controller

On Wed, Sep 21, 2016 at 08:19:54AM -0500, Ben wrote:
> Good afternoon everyone,
>
> My coolermaster Quickfire Rapid keyboard (ID: 2516:0004) has been acting up since I installed arch linux for the first time last week. System overview in attachment.
>
> Bios is set for EHCI hand-off: Enabled; xHCI hand-off: Enabled (Originally Diabled); xHCI: Auto (Tried smart auto and enabled; see Gigabyte specs for expansion on info). On my EHCI ports the keyboard works without issue, so I'm pointing towards the issue being in the xHCI driver.
>
> Conditions for reproduce: Seemingly random sometimes. Pressing keyboard modifiers such as ALT, CTL. or SHIFT will set it off around 75% of the time. 100% reproducable with this keyboard and chipset. Others have had this problem too using a variety of DEs and WMs.

Does it happen for any other type of device plugged in that is not a
keyboard?

And it looks from your log like you disconnected the devices and then
plugged them back in?  Did you do that manually, or did that happen on
its own?

thanks,

greg k-h