Re: USB 3.0 in Linux main stream kernel

On Wednesday 28 January 2009, Pete Zaitcev wrote:
> Struct urb is pretty hefty. I'd rather see a "struct urb_sg" which
> has sg_vec[] instead of transfer_buffer and a set of wrappers for
> old drivers. Or something.

And supported by a new HCD method ... yes, that could be
a better way to phase in such a thing.  Isolate all the
new buggy code.  ;)

This is something that could be worked on independent of
changes specific to USB 3.0 ... example, someone could
provide new branches of usb_sg_*() code to use with HCDs
that support the new method, and teach some HCD(s) about
it.  A good project for someone.

There'd be an advantage to such stuff even without the
hardware burst support:  fault cleanup should be a LOT
simpler.

- Dave