Re: Ericsson F3507g "stolen" by option driver

On Wed, 2009-01-28 at 19:22 +0100, Bjørn Mork wrote:
> Dan Williams <dcbw@xxxxxxxxxx> writes:

> >> While that patch isn't yet ready, will the devices work with cdc-acm
> >> or cdc-ether?
> >
> > If they will, we can certainly move the IDs over to cdc-* if they'll
> > support the device better.  It exposes at least 4 or 5 AT-capable serial
> > ports, one ethernet device, and one WDM device.
>
> The device does work with cdc-acm.  Both GPS and 3G modem (using ppp).
> There are several success stories around:
> http://www.tjansson.dk/?p=450
> http://redmonk.com/sogrady/2008/12/07/how-to-use-an-att-ericsson-f3507g-card-on-ubuntu-intrepid/
> http://www.thinkwiki.org/wiki/Ericsson_F3507g_Mobile_Broadband_Module
>
> All of these assume that cdc-acm handle the ACM interfaces.
>
> The wdm interfaces also work with the cdc-wdm class driver, and can be
> used to configure the device.  This is useful even without the mbm
> interface, as the GPS part also need some OOB configuration.

Ok; if they get automatically handled based on the reported USB device
classes, then lets drop the option.c ID patch.  The machines I tested
this hardware on simply didn't recognize any of the card's ports using
cdc-acm.  I can test again on Tuesday (2009-02-03).

Dan