Re: [Umap2][5/11][22b8:2d93] NULL pointer dereference

> On 26 Aug 2016, at 09:38, Oliver Neukum <oneukum@xxxxxxxx> wrote:
>

>> Hi Oliver,
>>
>> It will take me some time to test it on v4.4.6-v7, so I have tried applying the patch
>> to v4.4 but it failed in the 4th hunk (line 47).
>>
>> Please advise, should I:
>>
>> - manually edit the file on v4.4 and retest?
>
> Please do that.
>
> 	Regards
> 		Oliver

I tested the (manual) patch, and still got a NULL pointer dereference in probe_acm.

I think the reason is that in case of quirks == NO_UNION_NORMAL it gets the data
and control interfaces and then jumps to skip_normal probe, in which case there are no
checks whether data_interface, data_interface->cur_altsetting or control_interface are NULL.

Also, even in the case where quirks != NO_UNION_NORMAL, if the control and the data
interfaces are not the same, there is no check whether data_interface->cur_altsetting is NULL.
(before the first line of code in skip_normal_probe) which may cause the first check to dereference
a NULL pointer.

Those changes are of course in addition to the patch you sent before.

Binyamin Sharet
Cisco, STARE-C