Re: USB Networking

On Fri, Aug 12, 2016 at 6:35 AM, Felipe Balbi
<felipe.balbi@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> I'm guessing you need to ask for support from the people who gave you
> this v3.10 kernel. IIRC, Edison has a support forum. In this mailing
> list we can only help out if you're using the mainline kernel.
>
> sorry
Hi Felipe,
Thank you for the advice...I'll try that next (but I _really_ hate
forums -- I much prefer mailing lists).

If we were to ignore the fact that it is an Edison, can anybody help
me figure out what the RUNNING state means for the usbnet device and
how I might transition the driver from not-RUNNING to RUNNING, as
reported by ifconfig?

--wpd