Re: ohci-pci controller won't resume and HC died; cleaning up - only on shutdown/reboot

On Mon, 8 Aug 2016, ican realizeum wrote:

> >> The caller was hcd_resume_work(), which is part of a workqueue.  This
> >> routine runs when the OHCI driver calls usb_hcd_resume_root_hub().
> >> There are only 3 places in the driver where this happens (two in
> >> ohci-hcd.c and one in ohci-hub.c), but as far as I can tell, none of
> >> them should have occurred if power/control was set to "on".  If you
> >> want, you can add an ohci_info() before each of those calls; knowing
> >> which one it was will probably tell us what happened.
> I didn't know how to use ohci_info() but I used dump_stack()
> https://i.imgur.com/VMak4ED.jpg
> it's from ohci_resume()

Are you sure you wrote "on" to the power/control file for the usb3 and
usb4 devices?  The stack dump says that the 0000:00:12.0 and
0000:00:13.0 controllers were being runtime-resumed, but they should
not have been suspended to begin with, because their children (the
usb3 and usb4 devices) should have been prevented from going into
runtime suspend.

You might want to check the power/runtime_status contents in the
relevant device directories before doing the shutdown.

Alan Stern