Re: pwc over musb: 100% frame drop (lost) on high resolution stream

> Hi,
>
> On Wed, Jul 20, 2016 at 09:09:42AM +0300, Matwey V. Kornilov wrote:
>> > Hi,

>> > Okay.

>> > I barely use usbmon, and not sure if it gives the information I am
>> > looking for. But I meant the external test equipment - USB bus protocol
>> > analyzer - a bus packet sniffer.
>> >

>> Now I see. I've googled it, they start from $1000, I don't know
>> when/whether/where I can get one to try.
>
> I think you might be able to check it without a sniffer - MUSB
> controller can generate SOF interrupts, but it is masked in current
> driver. So I think you could enable SOF interrupt, then if you get a log
> as
>         SOF
>         rx packet
>         SOF
>         rx packet
>         SOF
> or
>         SOF
>         rx packet
>         rx packet
>         rx packet
>         SOF
>         rx packet
>         rx packet
>         rx packet
>         SOF
>
> which means your issue is different from the one I mentioned. But if
> you get a log as
>
>         SOF
>         rx packet
>         SOF
>         SOF     <--- no rx packets in two consecutive SOFs
>         rx packet
>         SOF
>         SOF
>
> then you hit on the known issue I mentioned.
>
>> Until that, could I check something else? For instance, disable
>> CONFIG_USB_TI_CPPI41_DMA.
>
> You could disable it, but I don't think you will get yuv video stream
> of 640x480@30fps. PIO mode does not support such high bandwidth. What is
> your video requirement anyway?

Many thanks for your guidance. I will answer the rest later when will
be ready to play with SOF interrupt.
Now, I would like to say that use_dma=0 doesn't change the behaviour:

# cat /sys/module/musb_hdrc/parameters/use_dma

I would like 640x480@5fps which works with x86 based PC. Issue here,
that I can not obtain 640x480 at any FPS on musb.

>> I've found that after hours of transmit, the camera stops iso at all
>> (until reset). Maybe its brain becomes damaged by the transfer issues
>
> How did you check that? MUSB stopped generating RX EP interrupt?

Something like that, I suppose. Normally, I see input data flow in
usbmon, but don't see frames in v4l2.
But when camera 'hungs', I don't see nor input flow (except the
control packages exchange) neither frames.