Re: Windows .inf file for CDC composite gadget?

On Monday 05 January 2009, Kamat, Nishant wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I am trying to use the CDC composite gadget running on
> omap3430 with Windows XP host. Does anyone have a
> Windows .inf file that s/he can share with me?

Unfortunately, it's my understanding that Windows doesn't
do very well with composite devices.  Something to do
with their driver architecture not handling it well (the
requirement of ".inf" files for standard classes suggests
trouble there!); or maybe just their drivers.

There was some discussion a while back about how even
some very simple cases at the center of the CDC design
model couldn't be handled by their code.  Like having
a CDC device with two CDC ACM interfaces ... MSFT's
bundled CDC ACM driver can't handle that.  Someone
sent refs [1] [2] to some USB-IF forum discussions
on that... there may be others, more recent, too.

So I suspect you'll be out of luck there, unless you
write your own driver (with associated INF file).

- Dave

[1] https://www.usb.org/phpbb/viewtopic.php?t=13308
[2] https://www.usb.org/phpbb/viewtopic.php?t=13610