Re: question regarding c66f59ee5050447b3da92d36f5385a847990a894

> Hi,
>
> looking at this patch
>
> USB: OHCI: Don't mark EDs as ED_OPER if scheduling fails
>
> it seems to me that pretty much all kernels are affected.
> Should this go into the stable trees?

Hi,

Alan Stern was reluctant to fix this bug because there is a small
chance that somebody somewhere abuses it to exceed the somewhat
arbitrary and artificial "90% of total bandwidth" limit imposed on
periodic transfers by the USB spec and normally enforced by ohci_hcd.

However, I have later determined that it's not possible to exploit
this bug like that on kernels 3.18+ because commit 81e38333513c causes
that the code which formerly miscalculated bandwidth allocations now
simply crashes.

So this patch should go to 3.18+ to fix those crashes. I think I've
posted my findings to linux-usb but apparently they were missed or
forgotten and I forgot about this matter too.

Regards,
MP