Re: g_serial looses data in direction from device to host

On Mon, 4 Jul 2016, Tomáš Vávra wrote:

> Sometime it fails when sending only 1024 B, or similar sized number,
> usually 512 B is lost. I also tried to analyze USB packets with
> Wireshark and there really was missing packets. But nothing else I could
> interpret as a anomaly. Just maybe one thing bothers me, why is usbmon
> capturing bulk endpoint packets which are bigger than 512 B? For example
> I can mostly see bulk packets with size of 1024. I can attach an usbmon
> output when it fails, but it will be much larger.

I can't answer most of your questions, but I can answer the question
about usbmon.

usbmon does not capture packets -- it captures URBs.  A single URB can
correspond to multiple packets.  A bulk URB with size 1024 is perfectly
legal; it will correspond to two 512-byte packets.

Alan Stern