RE: ftdi_sio: overrun errors

From: Michael Walle
> What comes directly to my mind is the handling of the break condition.
> Can't look into that at the moment. But if break conditions are
> translated into status-only packets, how are two consecutive breaks
> recognized. Ie. if the break condition flag is sticky (until a new
> character is received) you can't determine if its one or more. But maybe
> we are lucky and the chip will send some different pattern. If only
> there were some specs ;)

Well on a usual async line:

- Line idle is repeated zero.
- Break is repeated one.
- A byte is encoded as a start bit (1), 8 data bits, and a stop bit (0).
If the stop bit is absent (ie a 1) you get a character framing error.

So you can't actually get back to back break conditions without a
character with framing error happening first.

The real fubar are some hdlc chips (I won't mention the zilog scc) that
report 'abort/break' asynchronously from the data stream.
is almost impossible.

	David