Re: Probelm simulating usb-ethernet controller in gadget/ether.c

On Tuesday 20 January 2009, Mandeep Sandhu wrote:
> Since the data-sheet of the chip mentions the device supports only 1
> interface, I thought I'll force the driver to do the same by making it
> behave as a CDC subset (that supports only 1 interface). But that
> sadly did not help! :/

I repeat:  seems like your (non-Linux) host software is the problem.

If it only supports a single interface, then it's not supporting
the CDC Ethernet standard.  Likewise if it's not actually looking
at the endpoint descriptors that it receives.

Now, the Ethernet Gadget software isn't designed to emulate some
arbitrary device ... if that's what you need to do, it's almost
certainly possible -- but I don't have time to teach you how.

- Dave