Re: SuperH 7760 OHCI

On Thu, May 26, 2016 at 4:24 PM, Alan Stern <stern@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> On Thu, 26 May 2016, Martin Townsend wrote:
>
>> Hi,
>>
>> I'm currently trying to get the USB Host working on the SH7760.  I
>> tried the platform driver to start with and get the following error on
>> boot:
>> [    3.600000] usb 1-1: new full-speed USB device number 2 using ohci-platform
>> [    3.872000] ohci-platform ohci-platform: frame counter not updating; disabled
>> [    3.872000] ohci-platform ohci-platform: HC died; cleaning up
>>
>> So I dug a bit further and see that the SH7760 driver in the 2.6
>> kernel makes use of the 8KB shared memory for HCCA and ED/TD buffers.
>> After looking through the code for the 4.1 Kernel I am currently
>> trying to port to I think I need to write my own platform driver that
>> calls dma_declare_coherent_memory so that the OHCI driver uses this
>> 8KB shared memory.  Then set HCD_LOCAL_MEM in the hc_driver flags to
>> ensure that it uses dma_alloc_coherent.  In other words copy what the
>> ohci-sm501.c file is doing.  I just wanted to confirm that this is
>> what I should be doing or is there a better generic way of telling the
>> OHCI driver to use this 8KB shared memory.
>
> There isn't a generic way of doing it, but you could such a thing to
> the ohci-platform driver.  That would be preferable to adding a new,
> separate platform driver.
>
> Alan Stern

Hi Alan,

Thanks for the reply.  So would that entail looking for a second
IORESOURCE_MEM resource and taking this as the device's shared memory
and if present call dma_declare_coherent_memory?
Also how would I or in the HCD_LOCAL_MEM to flags to the hc_driver
struct that's in ohci-hcd.c?

Cheers,
Martin.