Re: [patch 2.6.29-rc2] usb: musb buildfix (re/re/re/.../send)

On Sunday 18 January 2009, Sergei Shtylyov wrote:
>     David, I've already posted similar patch more than a month ago:
>
> http://marc.info/?l=linux-usb&m=122868252309282

And I've posted similar patches regularly since 2.6.27-rc too.
I'm *STILL* waiting to see a proper merge.

The original expectation was that when 2.6.27-final shipped,
the musb_hdrc code would build and work on one exactly one
platform in mainline:  DaVinci.  Several people worked to
make sure that could happen ... a lot of arch/arm updates
got merged to enable it.  (The TUSB6010 stuff can't be used
there until N800/N810 board support merges; integrated OMAPs,
likewise -- platform support hadn't been mainlined.)

But when ARM shuffled all those headers around, and patches
to fix the broken DaVinci build never merged ... 2.6.27
shipped with that driver being unusable everywhere.

Same problem repeated for 2.6.28 kernel.

So far it looks like the problem will repeat for 2.6.29 too;
unless maybe the Blackfin support works in mainline.  Maybe
the OMAP3 stuff will work, e.g. for Beagle and Overo, but
there's an arch/arm/... build goof (not even NOP PM will
build) that prevents at least OTG builds (sigh).

Pretty ridiculous, since this driver has been in use on
DaVinci since 2005.

- Dave