Re: USB kernel debug

Thanks for replying Alan. I really appreciate it.

You asked what I was hoping to do. I have a six camera system that
crashes regularly forcing a reboot. I'm hoping to get more stability.
It's possible that the failure is software and not hardware or kernel,
but at any rate I'd like to know what the issue really is.

Will this cable work for HCI debug?
http://www.datapro.net/products/usb-3-0-super-speed-a-a-debugging-cable.html
Will any crossover cable work?
I thought HCI debug had disappeared from the kernel because there is no
option under debugging to enable the HCI debugger like there is for kbd
and serial.

Sorry the dmesg was so verbose.

I've been experimenting with the hardware and was able to isolate the
failure to a single port. Changing cameras or hubs didn't make a
difference. At the moment (with kernel 3.5.2) This particular right side
xHCI port will not accept the USB hub. Here is the output of dmesg for
the port when the HUB is plugged in. Note: the cameras are enabled when
I plug it in, but shutting them off or leaving the hub disconnected does
not make any difference. The hub is not working.

[ 4855.820204] usb 1-1: new high-speed USB device number 46 using xhci_hcd
[ 4855.964916] usb 1-1: New USB device found, idVendor=05e3, idProduct=0610
[ 4855.964919] usb 1-1: New USB device strings: Mfr=1, Product=2,
SerialNumber=0
[ 4855.964920] usb 1-1: Product: USB2.0 Hub
[ 4855.964921] usb 1-1: Manufacturer: GenesysLogic
[ 4855.965769] hub 1-1:1.0: USB hub found
[ 4855.966348] hub 1-1:1.0: 4 ports detected
[ 4858.173486] usb 2-1: Device not responding to setup address.
[ 4858.383424] usb 2-1: Device not responding to setup address.
[ 4858.590051] usb 2-1: device not accepting address 19, error -71

What can I do from here, without kgdb access?

Thanks again,

Brian