Open source USB sniffer GUI

Hi,

I apologize in advance if this isn't the right place for such an
announcement, but I thought this might be of interest to the Linux USB
driver community.

I'd like to announce a new open source GUI tool for visualizing USB
sniffer logs. It's written in Python with PyGTK, and it has some novel
features including a graphical timeline view.

We built this tool at VMware for analyzing sniffer logs produced by
our USB virtualization stack. There are instructions on the web site
for capturing sniffer logs using VMware products (including the
free-as-in-beer VMware Player). This is pretty useful, since you can
capture logs from a device's Windows driver, then capture logs from
your own Linux driver and compare the two side-by-side.

But if VMware isn't your cup of tea, there's also an architecture in
place for pluggable log file decoder modules. We already have support
for decoding the logs produced by Ellisys hardware analyzers, and we'd
love to see someone add support for usbmon.

If you're interested, the project web site has source code,
documentation, and plenty of screenshots:

http://vusb-analyzer.sourceforge.net/

--Micah