Re: driver migration

On Tue, Mar 29, 2016 at 09:01:43AM +0000, tilman wrote:
> Greg KH <greg@...> writes:
>
> Dear Greg
>
> > > I moved the initialization and clean up code from the init_callback/release
> > > callback to the port_init/port_remove callback.
>
> I am referring to your last posting on Feb 25th:
> gkh> Release your port data in the port_remove callback, not the release
> gkh> callback.  The release callback is for when your whole device is
> gkh> removed, not the individual ports.

Please always include proper context, as I average about 1000 emails a
day receiving and about 100 written.

> In addition, I initialized a spinlock  as part of setting up the data
> structures in the port_init callback routine. Since then, the driver is no
> longer crashing, and also the load no longer slowly builds up causing the
> machine to eventually freeze.
>
> One problem solved.

Problem of what?  What type of driver is this?  Why not post the updated
code so that everyone can see it and possibly help out with it?  Note,
run it through checkpatch.pl first so we don't get annoyed by any
obvious issues that aren't addressed.

Without the code, there's almost nothing we can do, sorry.

greg k-h