Re: Unable to enumerate USB Device, error -110 Kernel 3.19-0.49-lowlatency netboot

On Mon, 7 Mar 2016, Devon Ash wrote:

> Attached is dmesg.txt and usbmon.txt.

For what kernel version?  And what's with all those netconsole error
messages popping up every 5 minutes?

>  This is the only usbmon I could
> capture, from 0u, 5u and 6u don't give anything, I've tried to plug
> them in and out of every usb port.

It looks like you traced 2u.  That's not going to help much if the
error messages are for bus 5 or 6.

Tried to plug _what_ in and out of every USB port?

> Yes, the filepath from above is the current filepath I'm using for usbmon.

What filepath above?

> Note, I had enabled dynamic debugging for this.
>
> On Mon, Mar 7, 2016 at 3:29 PM, Devon Ash <noobaca2@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> > Running kernel 4.4.4 is no good.. with the same setup as above but
> > only changing out vmlinuz and initrd.img, I run into a kernel panic.
> >
> > "Kernel panic - not syncing: attempted to kill init!"
> >
> > There was an error that I hadn't seen before about
> >
> > "systemd-udevd: could not open builtin file
> > /lib/modules/4.4.4/modules.builtin.bin".

It sounds like you didn't install the new kernel properly.

> > Before the kernel panic, I got the same "device not accepting address,
> > error -110" as I did on 3.19.

There wasn't anything about a -110 error in the dmesg log you attached.
Or in the usbmon trace.

> > To focus on the problem at hand, should I be using kernel 3.19 source
> > configured with the options above?

What options above?

Alan Stern