Re: Fwd: USB gadget driver issue

Hi Robert

I may have used very bad language to describe the problem "hang up".  A
better description would be to say that when connecting to the ttyACM
gadget via a terminal, it works at startup, but if the usb device is
plugged out, and back in again, comms with it is unresponsive, regardless
of the state of the host terminal application - connected/unconnected.

I did a test this morning also without systemd, with normal /etc/inittab
getty respawn.   It faces the same issues.  Just to be clear, the patches I
reverted to get it to behave as expected again:
pick f82615f Revert "usb: gadget: introduce 'enabled' flag in struct usb_ep"
pick 641591a Revert "usb: gadget: f_acm: eliminate abuse of ep->driver data"
pick 8381372 Revert "usb: gadget: f_serial: eliminate abuse of ep->driver
data"
pick a685f63 Revert "usb: gadget: f_obex: eliminate abuse of ep->driver
data"

The mechanism, for systemd and for normal inittab as I understand, depends
on getty exiting on port closure, and a new instance of getty being run
once the device is enumerated again.

In desperation I have tried using the configfs gadget, but it suffers the
same issue.

Regards
Olivier Schonken