Re: ULPI Driver help

Hi Sudhakar,

On Mon, Feb 08, 2016 at 11:20:44PM -0800, Sudhakar Krishnan wrote:
> Hi Heikki,
>
> First of all I would like to apologize for sending you random email. I
> found your name from ULPI driver change list
>
> I am hobbyist developer using baytrail tablet (atom Z3537) and trying to
> port linux in to it. Having trouble in bringing up PMIC AXP288 since its
> failing to load due to USB phy detection failure.

Could you share more details about your platform, and perhaps share
your kernel cofing file and dmesg output. And just in case, which
kernel are you using?

Why would PMIC driver complain about USB PHY?

I'm going to add the Linux usb mailing list. I'm sure there are people
more familiar with your platform then I am.

> When I was searching for a solution found lot of thread talking about
> ULPI+baytrail
>
> https://lkml.org/lkml/2015/3/18/271
>
> The communication is so big I am finding difficult to get the required
> patches.
>
> Could you please let me know the changes up-streamed? or any github I can
> refer to get the latest changes.

Yes, those patches were upstreamed and are available in mainline. To
use them just make sure you have enabled DWC3 ULPI support and the
tusb1210 PHY driver (though not all Baytrails used that particular
USB2 PHY).

Cheers,

--
heikki