Re: Announcement: Launching soon Open Source USB Type-C Probe

On Tue, Feb 9, 2016 at 11:47 PM, Greg KH <gregkh@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> On Tue, Feb 09, 2016 at 10:58:30PM +0530, Kartik Raghavan wrote:
>> USB C-thru is launching soon on the crowd funding platform
>> crowdsupply.com (https://www.crowdsupply.com/goarks/usb-c-thru/).
>>
>> USB C-thru is an Open Source USB Type-C probe. This is a non intrusive
>> 6 layer board that monitors USB Type-C signals. Documentation on this
>> is available at (https://github.com/GoARKS/USB-C-thru/wiki).
>>
>> Related blog: http://www.goarks.com/blogs/C-thru-USB-Type-C-Implementations
>
> Why not just use the "Twinky" device that is already out there and is
> "open":
>         https://www.chromium.org/chromium-os/twinkie
>
> thanks,
>
> greg k-h

The Twinky is more of a protocol analyzer and is not a probe. So it
does not provide testpoints for monitoring USB Type-C signals. USB
C-thru provides test points for VBus, CC1, CC2/VConn, SBU and GND.
Also has a VBus voltage divider for automating measurement.

We initially did look at Twinky when we were developing our own
protocol analyzer, the design is very complex. So we designed our own
protocol analyzer. That is also soon to launch on
https://www.crowdsupply.com/goarks/usb-type-c-pd-analyzer.

Thank you.

Best Regards,
Kartik Raghavan