Re: OTG mode support for DWC3

Hi,

Roger Quadros <rogerq@xxxxxx> writes:
> +Robert
>
> Hi,
>
> On 08/02/16 13:18, punnaiah choudary kalluri wrote:
>> On Mon, Feb 8, 2016 at 3:38 PM, Felipe Balbi <balbi@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>>>
>>> Hi,

>>> Roger Quadros (in Cc) did some work on that, I'm not sure how far ahead
>>> he is. Bottomline, getting dual-role to work with DWC3 is not exactly
>>> straight forward due to some register shadowing that happens between
>>> host and device sides.
>>>

>> Thanks balbi for the information.
>>
>> @Roger, could you update the current state of your work on OTG mode
>> support?
>
> The last series I posted is here
> https://lwn.net/Articles/655407/
>
> There are many issues still to be addressed.
>
> Any ideas are welcome.

One thing to keep in mind is that Intel systems, AFAICT, have two
different controllers (one device-only DWC3 and another XHCI) with an
internal multiplexer and role swapping happens with some odd ACPI calls
or something like that.

My memory isn't really perfect but David Cohen (in Cc) explained that to
me at some point. All of this to say that such systems need to be
supported as well, we can't make assumptions as to how things are
integrated.

--
balbi