Re: [linux-usb-devel] USB Still Image Capture device class driver & USb

On Wed, 30 Jan 2008, Alan Stern wrote:

> On Wed, 30 Jan 2008, praveen koduru wrote:
>
> > Hai,
> >   I have a question related to your PTP device driver ( Picture
> > Transfer Protocol ).
> >
> > Can USB Still Image Capture Class driver and USB Mass Storage class
> > driver co- exists in the gadget?
>
> In theory they can.  However the current version of the g_file_storage
> driver is not designed to coexist with other gadget drivers.  There has
> been some progress in that direction, but you'll have to search through
> the mailing list archives to find it.

Just checking if this emanation of PTP/MTP/Still Image Capture software
has any material backing or is as much of a phyntom as all others - whose
"yours" driver is meant here and where can it be found?

Thanks
Guennadi

> > If yes How to synchronize the calls between these two with the below
> > DCD (Devcie Controler Driver ), do we need a middle layer ( Core
> > driver like in Host side ) ?
>
> You do need a middle layer, but not to synchronize calls.  The middle
> layer is needed to allocate resources such as endpoints, interface
> numbers, descriptors, and so on.
>
> Another issue you will face is that the two drivers cannot share the
> same storage medium unless they both are set to read-only access.
>
> Alan Stern

---
Guennadi Liakhovetski, Ph.D.