Re: SDIO over USB

First of all, thanks for the response.

Actually the document is
http://ww1.microchip.com/downloads/en/DeviceDoc/50002277A.pdf (sorry
for not pointing it earlier).

As I understood, the USB2642 accepts some pass-through commands to
deliver SDIO commands to the MMC interface. The driver I need to work
is unifi_sdio, which can be downloaded through registering at
BlueGiga. Basically it controls the WiFi module using the linux
sdio_bus.c interface (sdio_register_driver). It was made to be
interfaced directly with a MMC hardware host (most often on embedded
microcontroller native SPI/SD interface), but this "thing" I am trying
to do seems to not have been done before (use a dual-role USB HCD with
a MMC interface to act as a SDIO interface with another peripheral).

To avoid having to port the whole driver to a direct SCSI interface
and as the document mentions the possibility of delivering SDIO
commands using Mass Storage Bulk-Only + Transparent I thought about
doing the "glue" in usb-storage land.

And regarding ci_hdrc, this is the driver that controls the chip, as
it is a dual-role HCD based on chipidea. It seems SMSC (which was
bought by Microchip) was the original acquire of ChipIdea technology
and developed many USB dual-role chips (for instance LAN9512, LAN9514
and USB2640) which seems to all be controlled by this HCD driver.

Probably the storage/mmc interface has nothing to do with the ci_hdrc.

--
Raphael Derosso Pereira
Engenheiro de Computação