Re: [linux-pm] rtl8187 usb wifi adaptor causes suspend hang

--- On Wed, 31/12/08, Alan Jenkins <alan-jenkins@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Thanks for the patch.  I tested STD too, and it doesn't
> seem to hang
> anymore.  I even tested removing the adaptor while the
> system was
> hibernated.  However, after resume the interface is
> useless.

Wierd - do you have NetworkManager running?

These days I leave NM running - besides the occasional /etc/rc.d/init.d/{wpa_supplicant/NetworkManager} stop/start to re-establish connectivity (seems to be some timing issue with dhcp taking too long and nm ifconfig up/down the device wrongly) - and *when STD/STR works*, NM usually just re-connect within a minute on resume/defrost.

I don't have the choice of unhooking the device - integrated to laptop. BTW, is it a B device or a non-B device that didn't work?

Hin-Tak