couggar 700k keyboard

Hi

I have a cougar 700k keyboard. It (the keyboard) locks amd becomes
unresponsive after when pressing any of the macro keys (g1-g6) or the
FN key. I have to unplug the device to reset it.

I've attached a wireshark capture of the packets received when
iserting the device and when pressing the g5 key.

I did try writing a hid driver for it to see if  where the key press
events were going. Normal keys events ended up in the event handler
callback. Macro key presses never made it to the event handler.