Re: xHCI driver issue (ASMedia Controller using xhci_hcd)

I've been trying to get my scanner working on my newer laptop (entire Linux
installation, apart from the kernel (4.2.5) cloned from the old one) and I
seem to be seeing the same issue, although I have no problem with USB
storage or HID devices on the USB 3 port.

Here's a clip from the debug with SANE_DEBUG_SANEI_USB &
SANE_DEBUG_SANEI_LM983X set:

[sanei_lm983x] sanei_lm983x_write: fd=1, reg=0x59, len=1, increment=0
[sanei_usb] sanei_usb_write_bulk: trying to write 5 bytes
[sanei_usb] 000 00 59 00 01 66                                  .Y..f
[sanei_usb] sanei_usb_write_bulk: sg : about to call usb_bulk_write
[sanei_usb] sanei_usb_write_bulk: write failed: Resource temporarily unavailable
[sanei_usb] sanei_usb_write_bulk: wanted 5 bytes, wrote 0 bytes
[sanei_lm983x] sanei_lm983x_write: short write (0/5)
[sanei_lm983x] sanei_lm983x_write: couldn't even send command

That's after four successful reads and writes, and is at the same point
every time. After this, all reads and writes fail and the sane interface
hangs. If you try running it again, it fails straight away, and the USB plug
has to be pulled and re-inserted before the first series of reads and writes
work again.

I'll carry on poking at this, but maybe someone who really understands what
is going on will see the posts and think of something!