Re: [argyllcms] [Colormunki] dispread: Error - new_disprd failed with 'Instrument Access Failed'

On Tue, 5 Jan 2016, [iso-8859-1] Niccol�lli wrote:

> Hi Graeme,
> Here is the USBMon trace of the timeout:
> https://sourceforge.net/p/dispcalgui/bug-reports/_discuss/thread/73a10891/735c/attachment/1.mon.out.txt
> I also uploaded a video on youtube to show when I get the timeout:
> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_W7j8j4pKKQ&feature=youtu.be
> It manages to calibrate the display and to read all the patches to make the
> profile, but when it finally wants to access the instrument once again for
> the final verification step it fails.
> I CCed Alan Stern as you suggested.

The only thing that looked suspicious in the usbmon trace was the way
the program issued Clear-Halt requests for endpoints 1, 2, and 3 each
time it started up.  Such things can lead to toggle mismatch errors,
depending on the device.

In general it's a good idea never to use Clear-Halt unless you really
do need to clear an endpoint's Halted feature.  If those requests were
removed from the program, perhaps the timeout won't occur.

Alan Stern