USB 3.0 in Linux main stream kernel

All,
I am very excited with the announcement of USB 3.0 in last november.
When I was going through the spec, certainly it is very promising and looks like USB 3.0 will rock soon.

At the same time, I am very sure that Linux kernel will need lots of modifications in USB core code. For example, very basic change will be in "struct usb_endpoint_descriptor", it will now need to keept track of one or more OUT transactions which are not ACKed yet. Grepping the supporting statement for above change from USB 3.0 spec "A superspeed host may initiate one or more OUT transactions to one or more endpoints while it waits for the completion of current bus transaction"

There is one more point that as USB 3.0 is backward compatible with USB 2.0 and as USB 3.0 devices can be attached to USB 2.0 bus and USB 2.0 devices can be attched to USB 3.0 host, how are the changes for USB 3.0 in USB core will be inteegrated ? I think the changes will need to be "ifdefed" between 2.0 and 3.0
For example,
struct usb_endpoint_descriptor {
#ifdef USB_30
int NumP //Number of Packets a receive buffer can accept
#endif
}

I will be happy to see if someone carries the discussion further...

Viral