USB TrackPoint mouse non-functional with dock; works if direct

I have a USB Lenovo ThinkPad Keyboard with TrackPoint (vendor:product
17ef:6009), and a ThinkPad Yoga 12 (Broadwell version) with OneLink Pro
dock. If I plug the keyboard/mouse directly into the laptop,
it works fine. If I plug it into the dock, the keyboard works fine;
however, the mouse works for a fraction of a second and then stops
working.  (Both the TrackPoint and its mouse buttons do not work through
the dock.)

The dock shows up as four of:
2109:0812 VIA Labs, Inc. VL812 Hub

At first, I wondered if USB autosuspend might have something to do with
this.  However, I confirmed that the keyboard/mouse itself didn't have
autosuspend turned on in the first place, and while the hubs did,
turning off autosuspend for *all* USB devices did not fix the problem.

Looking at the sysfs path for the input device as shown in dmesg,
/sys/devices/pci0000\:00/0000\:00\:14.0/usb2/2-3/2-3.1/2-3.1.2/2-3.1.2\:1.1/supports_autosuspend
did say "1".  However, the device didn't actually appear to have
autosuspend *enabled*.

I'd appreciate any suggestions for how to debug this issue.

- Josh Triplett