Re: Celot modem driver

On Wed, 2015-11-25 at 13:13 +0100, M. Hrdlička wrote:
> Hello,
> log script told me, that I may to tell you about add this device to
> propper linux driver.
>
> Device is combo USB modem Celot CTD-200, manufacturing date in
> September 2010, it´s combinated GSM (GPRS/UMTS/HSPA) and CDMA modem.
> I run this device with usbserial driver, adding this line in
> /etc/udev/rules.d/90-celot-combo.rules:
> ACTION=="add", SUBSYSTEM=="usb", ATTR{idVendor}=="211f",
> ATTR{idProduct}=="6805", RUN+="/sbin/modprobe usbserial vendor=0x211f
> product=0x6805"
> ACTION=="add", SUBSYSTEM=="usb", ATTR{idVendor}=="211f",
> ATTR{idProduct}=="6809", RUN+="/sbin/modprobe usbserial vendor=0x211f
> product=0x6809"
>
> In windows driver and connect program, there is choice to switch
> between GSM and CDMA network mode. In my linux instalation only one
> mode working - preferred is GSM mode. When I commented GSM line in
> /etc/udev/rules.d (id 6809), then CDMA works and ModemManager make
> ttyUSB ports.
>
> I have OpenSuse 13.1 with standard kernel 3.11.10-29
>
> Attached extract of /var/log/messages and lsusb command.

The modem appears to have two Qualcomm chips in it, one for CDMA and
the other for GSM/WCDMA, but this is not a Gobi-type modem.  The
connection manager appears to use QCDM to talk to the modem on Windows,
but normal AT commands on Mac OS X.  The Windows CM has some mechanism
for switching between the two modes and will even tell you if it can
find a faster HSPA link while you're on CDMA.

In any case, I think the 'option' driver is most appropriate for this
device's two USB IDs.  Communication traces of the Windows CM switching
between this device's modes would be necessary to figure out switching
between CDMA and GSM/WCDMA on Linux.

Dan